Masthead Duke Energy

Using Gas Safely Answers

1. d) all of the above


2. If you or someone in your home has CO poisoning, get out of the house right away. Call 911, your local fire department, or local emergency medical service from a nearby phone.


3. If kids play with oven knobs they could turn the gas on by mistake.


4. Answers will vary.


5. If you smell natural gas in you home, you should not use fire or electricity—a spark from a match, phone, or electrical device (even a doorbell or radio) could ignite the gas and cause a fire.

6. If you smell natural gas in your home, you should leave the area immediately and move to a safe location. Ask a trusted adult to call 911 and the local natural gas utility. Warn others to stay away.


© Culver Media, LLC. All rights reserved.